Sunday, March 20, 2011

The long drive

Against all rules that I had made about not driving more than 15 mins on a date, I decided to drive 10 hrs over one weekend to actually see if we had a few things in common.

We met for lunch and had a nice conversation. The one thing that I felt after the lunch was the uncertainty and the fear of rejection. Not getting a call over the weekend, I called mid week and reached an answering machine now my uncertainty grew, but there was some kind of a assurance when she called back over the next weekend and we had a great conversation.

That evening I called my father and told him what had conspired during the week. He told me to see how it goes after few dates to see where it goes from there.

For some one who wants answers right away and likes instant gratification, I did not like the process where I was not in control of the situation.

The arranged marriage system has worked for a lot of people over a long period of time. Weighing those pros and cons I guess it worth finally listening to those older than me and taking their advice in this matter and see where it goes



No comments:

Post a Comment