Friday, January 28, 2011

Are you for real

One of my friends saw my profile on an Indian dating site, and I get the strangest call:

Friend: Are you for real?
Me : What up? what am I real about?
Friend: You set up a profile on a marriage site and it does not even look like you’re serious.
Me: Serious about what? I don’t get it
Friend: That site is not some dating site for some cheap one-night stand or where people go to to get some sick fantasy with cougars and all. I know you don't do all that and your really trying but you need to change that profile. In my opinion if you don't change your profile you're not gonna get any hits. I think  you have never filled out a dating profile before.

He went on to critique my profile and told me how I should get serious. He went on to say I was not on some dumb dating site and that I needed to be serious about it. He did not like one of my lines that read

“I am not an actor not a star , don’t drive a sports car but I hoping so much you will say it doesn’t matter any way.” He also did not like my pic among other things.

He said, "I know you get in the poet mood sometimes and that you’re a lyricist and all. I know you like to be creative, but this is a serious matter. This is your life you’re talking about, not some cheap bimbo. Not one of the whack jobs like you dated in the past. Are you serious about it?  Then you better make the changes."

I decided to take his suggestions and made the changes and the hits started coming in.

He was right, but as I chatted with some of the gals, I told them about my headline and they actually liked it! They thought I was funny. So I guess I had to merge the funny me with the serious me.

I haven’t found her yet. I am still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment