Friday, January 7, 2011

The Anticipation

The anticipation was killing me. I thought I would stop looking after one. I stated talking to my friends finding out if it was normal not for them not to reply back. I started to talk to my friends/confidants and get their advice. These are their conversations in brief:

The first friend: (my adviser as a friend) I called up one of my friends who had his marriage arranged. I spoke to him for a while. He gave me a piece of advice: he said dont count your chickens before they were hatched. He went on to tell me it's a good option and I should pursue it. Talk to her ask her parents if you can take her out to dinner.

The second friend: I spoke to another friend who told me I need to be emotionaly attached and 4 beers later He made a comment like "she's hot." I said I like the compliment but remind me if she becomes my wife not to leave her alone with you.

The third friend (The older friend). His suggestion tell your parents not to pressure-ize you. I don't know where he got that from.

The fourth friend: (The American gay one): I dont know how you can do this. I think you should date her and fall in love and have an arranged love marriage. It was not makeing sense me. It's an arranged marriage. I just don't uinderstand how the arranged marriage system works. While in America most love marriages end in divorce, you are going to take an equally risky chance by spending the rest of your life with some one you don't know.

The fifth friend (My former business partner) Arranged marriage is better than love marriage you should definitely look into it.

My confidant: (My American boss) I dont know how some one can have their marriage arranged. I think I don't understand your culture. Maybe it will work. Give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment