Friday, November 5, 2010

A Little History

I was born and raised in Mumbai, India. I grew up in a wealthy family with a golden spoon in my mouth. Being the only grandchild and the only grandson I was spoilt. Just a month before I was born, my grandfather passed away. The family’s employees in the family business thought I was a reincarnation of their old boss and treated me like a king. 


At the age of 17, I started DJ-ing and soon I became a well-known and successful DJ in India.  I also played club-level soccer. My parents sent me to the United States at the age of 21.  I've been living in the US ever since.


Being a DJ and an athlete led to me having a lot of girlfriends. I remember my mother saying to me one day, "I just hope you don't get any one pregnant!"  I always knew I was creative and craved to be in love.  One year, during Christmas week, my girlfriend wanted to go to a dance in India.  I told her I could not take her cause I was DJing. She went on to tell me that I was some boyfriend who could not even spend time with his girlfriend. Her words made me hang up my CDs and give up being a DJ. This ended a 3-year relationship and an unspoken engagement. I was 19 years old.


Soon after, I started dating a model. When we broke up she said I hope you never find love. When I was 23, a priest with the gift of prophecy asked me to ask for forgiveness to God for some things I had done when I was 19; I could not figure out what "things" I was supposed to atone for. 


Just as i turned 22, my family arranged a marriage again.  Another engagement. I said yes, and I was supposed to go back to India in six months to get married. I never did go back to India. I asked my family to apologize to the girl and to break up the engagement on my behalf. 


At 24 I met the most fabulous girl and had the best relationship ever. She actually loved me for me--a nobody in the US--not a has-been in India. The relationship ended when she moved to Hawaii.  From that day, I have been searching for true love, because that is what I craved. a relationship like I had with that girl. She made me a better person.


I have tried dating girls my friends have set me up with, dating girls at church, tried to meet them at coffee shops and other places that singles hang out and online dating. I have dated a lot but have not found a worthy match.  After consultation with close confidants, I decided to ask my family to help me in finding a bride. The rest will be journalized with some history in future blog posts.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment